25 October 2006

Jimmy's Diary - Gutted

There's only one word to describe how the boys are feeling after losing at the weekend. Very disappointed.

We were disappointed not to build on such a good start by Andrew Strauss and Belly and after that Damien Martyn and Mike Hussey batted really well to take the game away from us. Some of the boys said they were impressed with my batting and that I might get moved up the order when we get to Australia. Ready said that if I carry on like this I could even replace Liam Plunkett as 12th man. I really hate him sometimes.

The boys were really upset by Geoffrey Boycott's comments about Duncan. Freddie in particular said that he'd love to go and give him a black eye, to which Gilo said 'don't worry he wont fight back, you're not a woman'. Typical of Duncan he hasn't really said very much at all, but we can tell that's he's disappointed.

Kevin Shine [England bowling coach] has been trying to gee the lads up. He rightly said that the defeat to the Aussies was, 'a negative, and now we have to have two positives'. One to cancel out the negative and another one so we can have a positive.

I thought about this and I have decided that the two positives are:

1. We can make amends by putting in a good performance against the Windies; and

2. We get to spend some time at home before flying out to the Ashes.

It'll be good to see my friends and family and I'm particularly looking forward to watching Mark Ramprakash in Strictly Come Dancing. All the boys have been talking about it but he will have a long way to go to be as good as Darren Gough was last year. I think I'd like to do something like that in the future, (I'd love to go on I'm a Celebrity like Tuffers did) but for now I'm just concentrating on the Ashes.

Jimmy A, India (As imagined by the I don't like Cricket Collective)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home