19 October 2006

Try Hard

I was always a rubbish bowler. Even when I captained a team I refused to bowl myself I was that bad. Slow right arm, no turn, no spin.

I remember one over that went so bad that one ball went flying (well gently rolling) down legside and passed the batsman off the strip, but I'd already given away so many wides in that over that the umpire just looked at me with pity and called "over". I didn't know whether to celebrate or cry.

Well for all us crappy bowlers of the world, Steve Harmison has now given us an excuse. Apparently his 78 ball over that went for 20 runs and one wicket was because he tried to hard.

Harmy says: "I was probably trying too hard. With only 124 on the board I went at it too hard. Maybe I lost a bit of focus rather than staying in control. Sometimes that's not a bad thing, trying to bowl really fast before getting things in control. Hopefully I've learnt from that."

After 20 years of thinking I was rubbish, I am now relieved to know that I was trying too hard and bowling too fast. But then any slower for me would have been underarm...

1 Comments:

At 12:46 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog you got here, I'm in the Internet Marketing world too. Right now I'm asking bloggers for a little help. The thing is that I'm trying to become "The Coolest Guy On The Planet", no, it's not a joke... I really am trying to do it. Is more like an experiment but I need to more links back to my blog.

So, I asking all bloggers to put a link on their blog back to my blog with the test saying "Coolest Guy On The Planet" or just "Coolest Guy" and I will put a link back to your blog or site on my friends list, plus I will post a blog inviting people to visit your website or blog.

So, please if you intrested just post a comment on my newest blog post with your link instructions.

I will be looking foward for your comment.

Thank you so much...

.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home