18 October 2006

Jimmy's Diary - Bring on the Aussies

Obviously all the lads were disappointed with our result against India at the weekend. After the game it was difficult to tell whether Duncan [Fletcher] was angry or not, but then in fairness it's difficult to work out what he's thinking at the best of times. (I once asked him whether there was anything in particular I needed to do to make sure that I could consistently put the ball in the right place when bowling. He just said, 'Yes' and walked away.)

We know that we need to transfer our Test form into the one-day arena, especially with the Aussies coming up next. Having missed out on the Ashes last year I can't wait to get stuck into them this time round. I know Jonesy [Simon Jones] got really fired up against Matty Hayden in the games prior to the Tests last time and I have to admit that I've been practicing my sledging on Belly in the nets.

In an effort to improve team morale Paul Collingwood organised a team quiz night on Monday. It was a pretty keenly contested affair. In particular everyone wanted to be on Andrew Strauss's team because he went to a posh school and has an A-Level in General Studies. A lot of the lads surprised me with their general knowledge. Belly in particular was pretty hot on capital cities but everyone laughed when he said that the Australian Prime Minister was Michael Howard.

In the end Gilo's team ending up winning with Harmy and Freddy (who always insist on being together and wouldn't let anyone else join their team) coming second. Everyone enjoyed it, except KP who accused Chris Read of going off to the toilets to check the answers on his phone.

Anyway it definitely did the job in raising team spirits and we're all looking forward to taking on the Aussies now.

I'll post my thoughts again after that game

Jimmy A, India (As imagined by the I don't like Cricket collective)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home