18 October 2006

Schadenfreude

Stuck on a bus on the Kings Road this evening I could have sworn that a TV in a pub window I passed was showing that Australia were 9-wickets down against the Windies.

Having left work when Australia were cruising to a win I assumed that I had simply misread the score. Imagine my joy therefore when, already jubilant from Chelsea beating the European champions, I came home to discover that Jerome Taylor had taken a hat-trick as the West Indies ended up beating Australia by 10 runs. (That will be the same West Indies who were skittled out for 80 against Sri Lanka at the weekend. )

Of course it means that England's game against Australia takes on even more importance now (and the Aussies are going to be incredibly fired up for that one) but for now I'm just going to enjoy what has been a great night...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home