21 October 2006

Live blogging from my sofa

I've managed to recover enough from my hangover to be able to post my random thoughts on the England - Australia game:

13.22 Right i've had enough now and i'm off to watch the football. Here's hoping that by some miracle England can make a game of this when they have a bowl.

13.17 Great shot by Jimmy. See my previous comment :)

13.13 Why is Harmison batting above Anderson? I've seen nothing in his batting to justify his lofty place in the batting.....

13.12 Why does Mahmood come in above Harmison? I've seen nothing in his batting to justify his lofty place in the batting. At least Harmy hits the ball...

13.05 Bit of niggle between Saj Mahmood and McGrath. Save it for the Test matches Saj...

12.52. Dalrymple and Read go in quick succession. This is very depressing after a promising start. I would refer any Australian readers to this disclaimer posted previously by one of the other Collective members.

12.33 Replys show the ball hit Yardy'a back not his bat.

12.30 Why are we so bad at 1-day cricket??? Yardy goes after scratching around and scoring 4.

12.19. Strauss gone. England are struggling now.

12.16 Yardy out to bat. It's been bugging me, but i've just realised who he looks like: Infamous Who wants to be a millionaire? cheat Major Charles Ingram. Uncanny.



12.05. Freddie out! Caught in the outfield off the bowling of Mary Jane Watson.

Midday. 50 for Strauss. Good effort.

11.53 100 up for England.

11.34. KP in. KP out. That's more like it England...

11.24 I like Mitchell Johnson's piercing. Just had a man knock on my door checking my details for the electoral register - worryingly the Government knows where i am now. Ian Bell out. Bugger. Who will come in at no.3?

11.10 Drinks. Great start by England, Bell in particular playing well. I'm surprised how little agression the Aussies are showing. Damien Martyn's drop looks funnier every time they show it. Jeremy Coney is a knob.

10.56 McGrath having a terrible time. Throws ball at stumps in frustration. Temper, temper Glen.

10.49 Is it me or is this game lacking intensity? Couple of fours liven things up. A bus goes past my flat...oh my god i am becoming Henry Blofeld. I'll be talking about pigeons soon.

10.45 Damien Martyn take a bow. What a terrible drop!! Bell was already walking.

10.40 England team sitting in the stands look a right motley bunch - half expecting one of them to be wearing a hankie on his head. What's Yardy listening to on his Ipod?

10.29 Good start for England. Strauss gives it to McGrath and Bell playing well. What's going on with Brett Lee's hair? Ian Harvey and Geriant Jones in the SKY studio look like extras from Lord of the Rings, Precious. Oh yeah and Damien Fleming has a stupid voice.

2 Comments:

At 7:18 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Ooh! Those are awesome! Spacify offers stylish and affordable Leather Sectional Sofas to decorate your Home & Office.

 
At 3:49 am, Blogger Jan said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home