05 December 2006

Oh dear

Having tempted fate last night I am inclined to metaphorically throw myself on my sword and take full responsibility as Australia move seamlessly towards winning the game and almost inevitably the series.

However on reflection England have been so quick to run up the white flag that I think it would be unfair for me to have to cop the stick for what has been a truly awful last day capitulation. As I write a part-time bowler - Kevin Pietersen - and Ashley Giles have been giving the task of saving England, and there are no close-catchers around the bat trying to take wickets. Pathetic.

But hold on...we've just taken a wicket! Just delaying the inevitable i think.

3 Comments:

At 7:41 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You ARE Zimbabwe in disguise

 
At 9:51 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, the glory days are back. A batting collapse to rank alongside the greats.

Indeed, arguably England's worst ever result in an Ashes test.

 
At 9:55 am, Blogger wes said...

I am wearing a black tie. I can feel a statement on behalf of the Collective brewing up inside me.

...and what angers me most is the barracking we are getting from a man who doesn't even understand the rules of the game.

Bugger off and privitise something Mad Dog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home