05 December 2006

Fate tempting with light blogging


Well Cov may have lost his committment to the Collective and to the Series, but I am still here blogging to the very last.

As its the last day and will inevitably bore on to shapeless draw I am only planning some light blogging. I'll give you the service you deserve with updates on my state of mind every couple of minutes. However, I think being the current Collective record holder for longest blogging stretch I might sign off earlier than usual.

In other news, a coup is going on in Fiji and a German won the Turner Prize.

Fingers crossed, eh.

1.42 - Oh dear. 75-4. Fred and Collingwood to save the match. I told you it would be bad. I've let you down by missing the wickets so now I'm signing off. To have non-cheese inspired nightmares.
1.13 - And just as I say that Strauss goes down the pitch to Warne and is caught at short leg bat pad without much of an appeal. Oh dear. I have an ominous feeling about it now.
1.11 - Gav reckons he will stay up longer than me. Hmmm. Well how come I'm the champion blogger in that case then Gav? Shouldn't be asassinating an archduke somewhere or other? Anyway. In the cricket its 69-1 - moving slowly along - but Warne and Strauss are having a nice little contest: old man versus great hope.
12.53 - You will notice that cheese hasn't featured this evening. Its the start of the week - a long boozy, pre-Christmas week - and so when I do knock off I want to retain my serenity (as serene as this very slow but competent start in the actual cricket is) and don't want any Lincolnshire Poacher-inspired dreams. Incidentally, that's my third succesive post without talking about the match.
12.47 - Oh my god. Now some students in Manchester have suggested different types of tea for each TMS presenter - Boycott is Yorkshire Tea Premium Gold and Agnew is a Twinning and Chocolate hobnob. Geoffrey is loving it so much he can't stop laughing.... it really doesn't bode well.
12.41 - You won't believe this, but already Agnew is bored. He's doing a bit of product placement for some airport novel he's bought called "The Consultant's Temptation". Already insane. Its going to be a long night.
12.30 - Warne opens the bowling to Strauss. His run up - according to Agnew - is into a hot wind. Yet another childish giggle from TMS. But then I guess that Warne has been talking a load of fart over night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home