30 November 2006

A challenge to Ricky and Yousef

I used to go to school with someone called Dave Bradman, so whenever I hear someone being described as 'Bradmanesque' I automatically think it's because they are particularly adept at bum slides in the showers after PE (It was a Catholic boys school so say no more.)

However there is no doubt that the current batting form of Ricky Ponting and Mohammed Yousef, both of whom are averaging around 99 this year, is nothing short of brilliant and on a par with anything that the Don himself could have have mustered.

However despite their current brilliance, neither Ricky or Mo have yet faced the ultimate challenge - namely facing my bowling.

I have been practicing my legspin bowling in the office with a foam stress ball, using one of the cupboards as the wicket and I have to say my current form is nothing short of brilliant. So if either of them want to really prove their world class credentials i am today throwing down the gaunlet. Let me know and i'll book the indoor nets at the Tolworth leisure centre and then let's get it on!

P.S. Not sure whether I'm going to blog tonight, but if we lose the toss the series is over!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home