20 November 2006

Final preparations



So this is it then. Only two days to go until the fun and games begin and I have to say I am VERY excited.

Like the players I have spent the last few days in intense preparation for the series. All the dates of the matches have gone into my Outlook diary and, much to the chagrin of my boss, I have saved loads of holiday to take between now and the end of the year, starting on Thursday.

I've also been brushing up on my technique for calling in sick:

"[Muffled, pathetic voice] Hello it's me [cough, cough], yeah I know I sound terrible [Sniffle], I might be a little late today if that's okay? [Pause and listen] You don't think I should come in today, are you sure? [Reluctantly] Okay if you insist, but I'll come in later if I'm feeling better."*

I've also - very sadly - been in training for the late nights, going to bed progressively later every night, stocked up with loads of booze for the weekend, and cleared a space to drag my bed into the front room should I so decide.

The only thing that remains is for me to decide what is worst: listening to Sky's tortuous commentary, or having the infinitely superior TMS coverage on with the out-of-sync TV pictures.

Suffice to say the Collective will hopefully be posting live from our living rooms throughout the series, so we hope that you all occasionally check out the blog from time-to-time and feel free to comment...

*Disclaimer: Note to my employer. This is a joke.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home