17 November 2006

Brisbane pitch when you are equipped with a blunt bowling attack?











Not that I'm starting to P A N I C but anyone know what the Gabba pitch is like? Without Harmison I'm a little concerned about how blunt our bowling attack may be...

I have read that Shane Warne 'loves it'? I assume that's the pitch rather than local rooms equipped with women, inflatable dildos and hidden camaras? Could this be Monty's great opportunity?

Our record here is not great - we lost four years ago and that was the test when Simon Jones did his knee in... Any bets on candidates for tour-ending-injury? Drew in 1998, lost in 1994 and also 1990 I think. But we won in 1986, kicking off a successful Ashes defence. And is it rainy season in the tropics at this time of year?

2 Comments:

At 8:30 am, Blogger M. Reynard said...

So long as Freddie's not taking any advice on what to do if he wins the toss from Nasser Hussein, it's not going to be anything like four years ago. And at least Simon Jones can't break his leg again.

 
At 7:34 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Should add a bit of interest to the series...Ashes fantasy cricket. I've just registered for free at www.fantastar.com if anyone would care to join?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home