10 November 2006

A rant to make me feel better...

The more I think about it the more disheartened I am after last night's debacle. The couple of hours I managed to stay awake for were a total shambles - Flintoff's bowling aside - and one look at the scorecard shows that it went downhill from there.

The fielding was particularly shocking and this was made worse by having to listen to Mark Waugh's gloating and watch the Australian fans howl like deranged hyenas everytime an England player misfielded (so basically anytime they went near the ball).

I don't buy the line that it was a result of a lack of practice. Both Anderson and Mahmood, for example, were bowling at the ICC trophy less than 3 weeks ago, and both looked distinctly average at best last night. As for Ashley Giles don't get me stated - they'd be better of with Bill f*cking Giles. Anyway the team needs to seriously buck its ideas up in the next couple of warm-up games or else the Test series is going to be extremely embarrassing.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home