21 September 2006

England Injury Sweepstake


Unlike other posters to this blog, I am less than optimistic about England's chances this winter.

With this in mind I have begun to worry about which England players are most likely to succumb to injury and fatigue. The bowlers we can probably guess at:

Steve Harmison - homesickness, leading to sleep deprivation as a result of staying up late to watch Emmerdale on Satellite TV

James Anderson - side strain caused by excessive drink carrying

Freddie Flintoff - fatigue as a result of being asked to bat at 1 to 11 and bowl every over.

But I'm also concerned about the batting line-up. Obviously Marcus Trescothick is likely to have gone 'postal' and wont be there anyway. But I reckon Kevin Pietersen - awol having finally disappeared up Shane Warne's arse - and Alistair Cook - slipped disc as a result of being so laid back - must also be worries.

The fact that there are nearly a dozen Academy players on stand-by doesn't fill me with confidence...

3 Comments:

At 4:44 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whats about the Aussie's injuty worries - 2 of their bowlers are over 35!

One injury to McGrath, Warne or Lee and the series is in the bag for us in my view.

By the way I've added you to my blogroll, fancy adding me to yours?

 
At 4:58 pm, Blogger cov said...

Good point. I think once Warne and McGrath retire i'd much rather have our bowling resources than thiers.

Players like Mahmood, Broad and Onions are real prospects IMHO, whereas i know the Aussies are worried about the lack of bowlers they have coming through. I think Troy Colley has a hell of a job on his hands.

P.S.

Of course we'll add you,i just need to work out how to do it...:)

 
At 2:07 pm, Blogger wes said...

Steven L, you are the voice of authority and calm. Thank you.

We've put the link up now - good to find you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home