18 September 2006

Schoolboy takes over Aussie Captaincy

Incidentally, following on from Ricky's captaincy holiday so he can catch up on some beauty sleep, Mikey's first words in the job were:
"It's pretty remarkable, I guess, but I'm just enjoying every moment. I'm just looking forward to leading the team as well as I possibly can."

I can't decide whether these are the words of a captain with strategic vision and tactical awareness, or a 12 year old who's just been made captain of the school team having never picked up a bat before.

3 Comments:

At 2:32 pm, Blogger cov said...

I think the link below comprehensively proves that you are doing Mike Hussey a diservice by questioning his intelligence. As you will see from his blog, he is clearly well informed, having particularly strong opinions on the Bush Administration, amongst other things.

http://loadedmouth.com/blog/42

 
At 3:52 pm, Blogger Barry Beef said...

he is also brilliant at cricket, which might be ever so slightly more important

 
At 4:28 pm, Blogger wes said...

I'm not quite sure that you get the point of what we're trying to do, Bazza. Yes his one-day average is up in the 70s, but we are trying to weaken the resolve of the Australians so I'm trying to find things to pick on.

I think I am going to begin to question your loyalties. With a name like Barry you could almost be an Austrlian.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home