20 September 2006

Its called a bat, Mike


Twelve year old Mike Hussey lost his first match as Australian captain by 3 wickets. (I told you the Australians don't know one end of a bat from another, let alone how to tamper a ball and get some decent reverse swing.)

In his post-match comments, the teenage captain (standing in for sleeping Ricky Ponting) said:
"I enjoyed trying to come up with new ideas to find a wicket, or how we were going to keep it tight. I'm lucky I had some very experienced cricketers around me to give me some help."
So that's good. Doesn't matter to him that they lost. It was just a good piece of work experience.

As the game proceeded it got so bad NSW Coach Driver, John Buchanan, woke Ricky 'Sleeping Beauty' Ponting to give the work experience boy some help and advice during the drinks break. Hussey added:
"A couple of times when he came on, I was desperate for some help. He's very calm and doesn't worry about many things,"

Lessons:
1) Australia's captain is asleep.
2) Their stand-in captain loves the job but is rubbish at it.
3) He panics
4) He's got no authority or leadership.

So I say Hussey for captain - give the kid a chance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home