11 October 2006

Jimmy's Blog - My very own blog

England fast bowler, James Anderson, has agreed to write exclusively for this blog as he strives to help England retain the Ashes this Winter. Today he talks about his diary and some of the difficulties of being on tour.

A lot of the lads have signed up to do blogs this winter.

I spoke to Liam Plunkett who is writing one for the BBC, and he suggested that I should think about doing it too. I thought it was a good idea so I mentioned it to my agent and he suggested we approach Sky and Talksport to see if they would be interested.

Sky were quite keen, but apparently Talksport are already in the final stage of negotiations with Jessica from Liberty X. It's a shame. When I first came into the England team I couldn't move for requests for interviews and offers of advertising contracts, but since I've been injured a lot the media doesn't want to know. My agent has suggested having red, white and blue highlights put back into my hair again; I wasn't sure whether he was being serious or not.

Anyway I have just decided to ahead and do my own blog and I will be posting my exclusive thoughts here for the rest of the winter.

We are in Jaipur busy preparing for our first match against India. I was telling the press yesterday how much playing in India last year had improved my game. Some people think that touring the sub-continent is tough, but so far I'm finding it okay. In fairness so are most of the other lads, although Ian Bell has been struggling to sleep because his Mum told him not to touch the water and all he is drinking is Coffee and Tea.

We held a team meeting today and Duncan [Fletcher] told us how important it would be to lay down a marker in the ICC tournament before the Ashes. Alistair Cook made some snide remark about how I must be looking forward to actually bowling at a batsman, instead of practising bowling at a one stump as Troy Cooley had me doing for the last three winters. I just ignored him. He and Chris Read have started calling me 'Manuel'. When I asked them why they just said it was something to do with Fawlty Towers and the fact that I'd be carrying the drinks a lot when we got to Australia.

After the team meeting Belly was complaining about having to share a room with KP [Kevin Pietersen]. Apparently KP just spends his time on the phone to Jessica and Shane Warne and insists that Belly sits and watches re-runs of his century at the Oval last year. Alistair told us that he had read on Pop Bitch that after winning the Ashes last year KP and Simon Jones had gone on holiday to Albufeira and were caught shaving each other's chests. All the lads laughed except Belly who thinks he may still be sharing a room with KP when we get to Australia.

Jimmy A (as imagined by the I don't like Cricket Collective)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home