07 October 2006

Don't do it Duncan....


I've just remembered something else from last night. Sky Sports News, which was on in the pub, was showing footage of the England team leaving, presumably, to go to the ICC Tournament. They had footage of Ashley Giles about to board the team coach and at that moment something awful occurred to me: I think England are going to drop Monty Panesar and recall Giles for the Ashes.

Please God let it not be true, but everyone knows that Duncan Fletcher has his reservations about Monty's batting and fielding, and I just have a terrible gut feeling they will go for Giles if they are only playing one spinner.

Don't get me wrong, Giles is a decent multi-functional cricket who played an important role in 2005, but we have waited years for a decent England spinner to come along and now we have one it would be madness not to play him.

I REALLY REALLY hope that I'm wrong...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home