15 August 2006

99 days and counting

I missed the last Test last summer because I was working abroad.

But never fear. I'd set an elaborate network of people to text me with details of how the match was progressing. All knew the special responsbility they had. None knew the others existed.

As the messages flew across the world and I got progressivly more excited (and less focussed on work).

But the key message I had to convey to my colleagues and some confused Israelis, was that this was the culmination of touring round the country watching miserable English Test cricket since I was 13... I had to keep saying that. Again. And Again. And Again.

I was no fly-by-night fan. I'd gone through the hardship of the 90s. I knew Andrew Flintoff's real name. And I knew that this was a special moment.

So now we've got 99 days to go until we begin the battle to retain the issues.

It will be a Long March.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home